Standards: IS 2386 (PART IV) ASTM C 131, AASHTO T-96
- Consists of the hollow cylinder which is mounted horizontally on the study frame on a ball bearing.
- An opening is there which can easily be closed with the dust-tight cover that helps to facilitate the charging and discharging the drum carrying the test material.
- An extended detachable shelf that can be put in the drum throughout the inside length, which catches the abrasive charge and doesn’t allow to fall on the cover.
- An electric motored with the speed of 30 to 33 rpm is used through a heavy reduction gear to rotate the drum.
- To the frame, a revolution counter is fitted.
- To collect the material at the end of the test, a tray is supplied.
- A Complete with Abrasive Charge consists of a set of twelve hardened steel balls with 48mm DIA (approx.).
- Voltage: 440 V A.C. with 3 phase supply, 50 cycles.