Standards: IS 1888 1962, ASTM D 1194, BS 13779
Specification: Manufactured as per the IS 1888 1962, ASTM D 1194, BS 13779industry Standards. A Plate Bearing Testis a model test used for foundations. It is used to determine the ultimate bearing capacity of the foundations by providing the load deformation characteristics. It is a standard defined technique used to determine the bearing capacity of the solid which is calibrated and compared with the results of the other method against the values of the plate bearing test. In this test, a gradual increment of load is applied on the steel plate and the respective corresponding settlement is captured. The ultimate 50 ton bearing capacity is taken as the load up to which the settlement increases at a rapid rate with separate pumping. Plate Bearing Test unit fixed to it a 0 – 500KN x 0.5KN. 1No. Pressure gauge and flexible metal pipe 5 mtr. long 1No. Ball and socket arrangement between the jack and the bearing plate 1 No and extension rod 12mm dia x 25 cm long for taking dial gauge readings 16 Nos. Magnetic base with female thread on top for holding extension rod 4 Nos and end plate, 50mm, dia with male thread for fitting onto the extension rods and positioning the dial gauge plunger 4 Nos. 30 cms x 25mm.
The Plate Bearing Test consists of the following:
- A Pressure gauge and flexible one metal pipe 5 mtr. long
- One special ball and socket for arrangement between the bearing plate and the jack.
- 16 Extension rod of 12 mm dia x 25 cm long for taking dial gauge readings.
- 4 magnetic base with a female thread on top to hold extension rod.
- 4 top end plate of 50mm dia with male thread for positioning the dial gauge plunger and fitting onto the extension rods.
- 2 column of 15cm dia x 25cm long with flanges complete with four bolts and nuts.
- 1 column of 15cm dia x 50cm long with flanges complete with four bolts and nuts.
- One 5 mtr. long bridge support of welded steel angle construction.
- Approx. 30 cm. high Span and stands that is Fitted with the two quick release clamps for positioning and holding the dial bracket (2).
- 60cms x 60cm Square x 60 cms. Square x 25mm thick plane M.S. plate.
- 45cm x 45cm x 25mm thick plane M.S. plate.
- 30 cms x 30 cms x 25mm thick plane M.S. plate.
- Dial Gauge 0.01mm x 25mm.