Rapid Moisture Meter is manufactured as per the required industry Standards. A Rapid Moisture Meter apparatus is used to quickly determine the moisture content of the materials in a powder form viz. sand, soil, coal, cement, pottery slip etc. An acetylene gas is generated when a calcium carbide comes in contact with the moisture; this same principle is used in a rapid moisture meter. A fixed quantity of the calcium carbide is mixed with the weighted quantity of the sample, and then the whole mixture is shaken well in a vessel where a pressure gauge is being fixed. The pressure which is developed by the acetylene gas, produced in the vessel and the pressure gauge calibrated to read the moisture percentage. This instrument indicates the moisture percentage on wet weight basis which is easily convertible to the dry weight basis. The unit consists of a pressure vessel with clamp for sealing cap, capacity is 6 gms. Rapid Moisture Meter pressure gauge calibrated in percentage moisture content on the wet weight basis, a counter poised balance for weighing sample, a scoop for measuring.
A : Pressure gauge calibrated 0-50% x 0.50%
B : Pressure gauge calibrated 0-25% x 0.25%
Carbide reagent, in bottles of 500 gms. each available on extra cost
The Rapid Moisture Meter consists of the following:
- Consist of a 6 Gms capacity pressure vessel with a clamp for the sealing cap.
- A rubber sealing gasket.
- A pressure gauge calibrated in percentage moisture content on the wet weight basis.
- A counter poised balance for the weighing sample.
- A scoop to measure the calcium carbide reagent.
- A bottle of the reagent.
- One cleaning brush.
- A set of four steel balls for mixing.
- A polished wooden carrying case, with handle.