Standards: ASTM: D 1559 T- 62. BS 598-107
To determine and analysis of mix design.Marshall Stability Test, a robust construction, is intended or used to measure the resistance to the plastic flow of cylindrical samples or specimens of a bituminous paving mixture that is loaded on a lateral surface. The Marshall stability of mix, at a standard 60ºC temperature, is defined as a maximum load carried by the compacted specimen. In this an attempt is made to determine the optimum binder value of the content for the aggregate mix type and traffic intensity.
A MS welded frame of 50 KN capacity with AC motor and worm gear box setup within the base unit, traveling platen speed of 50.8mm/min on uniform speed. 50kN proving. Limit switches are fitted on lower and upped part to cut out the platen over run on the downward and upward travel. A handle is fitted on right side of load frame for manual operation during calibration etc. The load frame is fitted with Reverse/forward switch and power indicator light in front load frame. Suitable to work on 230V, 50 Hz, AC single phase motor.
3 Nos of Marshal Mould
4”dia X 3” height moulds for specimen with base plates and extension collar. Made of steel.(6“ dia mould can be supplied for modified proctor at extra cost)
made of a hard wood block with a steel plate base, complete with specimen mould holder, semi circular base and a circular top to hold 4” dia specimen mould in place during compaction of the specimen. (Pedestal to accommodate 6” dia specimen can be supplied at extra cost)
2 Nos of Compaction Rammer
Compaction rammer having a flat circular base for use of compaction specimen on pedestal. The hammer has a falling weight of 4.535 kg,falling height 457 mm.If the process will be modified, falling weight will be 10.2kg.
Breaking Head Assembly
MS made breaking head, nickel coated, Consisting of upper and lower split cylindrical segments with provision for fixing dial gauge for dial gauge. Suitable to take 4” dia specimens and 6” dia. on special order.
Consisting of a loading rod, round plate and steel ball for extraction of specimen from mould.
- Comes with a capacity of 50 KN.
- Offers 50.8mm/min rate of travel.
- Safe and secure as cut-off switch is available.
- Consists of body housing and a geared screw jack with motor drive mechanism.
- Supplied with one Marshall Load frame.
- For flow measurement, comes with one breaking head stability mould equipped with a dial gauge (of 25mm travel with least count of 0.01 mm).
- Three steel cylindrical compaction mould.
- 3 Base plates and 3 extension collars.
- For manual operation, a compaction pedestal comprising of a steel plate capped on the wooden post. One mould cap is also fitted on the top of the plate.
- Two compaction hammer with 4535g siding weight with a free fall of 457mm.
- One bar for load transfer.
- One packet (100 no.) of Paper Discs of 11 cm diameter (non-absorbent).
- Voltage: 230 V A.C. of 50 Hz with single phase supply.