Standards: IS 2720 (PART XXXI) 1969.
It is used to determine the load carrying capacity when the in-place water and density saturation degree is either 80% or more than that in the field and material is coarse-grained and cohesion-less, which will not be affected by any change in the contents of the water and when for considerable time the material has been in place. The loading is mainly affected by the means of the mechanical load frames which are fixed to the underside of a truck. Provided with a quick release screw type clamp capable of sliding and locking anywhere along 2 meter length of the bridge. Supplied with annular metal weight 5 kg., 250mm dia with 53 mm dia central hole, slotted metal weight 5 kg., 215mm to 250mm dia with 53 dia slot 2 nos.
The California Bearing Ratio Test (Field Type) consists of the following:
- A mechanical screw loading jack with 10,000 kg. carrying capacity with swivel head and u-bracket.
- A penetration piston with 50mm dia. Upper end threaded.
- 10 extensions rods, which is used as spacers between the penetration piston and the proving ring, consisting
- 2 Lengths – 5 cm
- 5 Lengths – 10 cm
- 1 Length – 30 cm
- 1 Length – 50 cm
- 1 Length – 100 cm
Lengths machined from steel tubing:
- A connector set carrying eight connectors that are used for coupling the proving ring and the penetration piston assembly either through extension pieces or directly.
- For seamless pipe constructions, a dial gauge support with dimensions 30 cm high and base is 45 cm wide is provided.
- A quick release screw clamp which can be used for locking and sliding along with 2-meter Bridge.
- One annular metal of 5 kg weight with 250 mm dia with a central hole of 53 mm dia.
- One slotted metal of 5 kg weight with 215 mm to 250 mm dia with two slots of 53 mm dia.
- Dial Gauge 0.01mm x 25mm.
- High sensitivity proving ring 5000kg capacity with calibration chart and carrying case.