Standards: ASTM D 422 AASHTO T 88, BS 1377-2.
Specification: Particle size analysis of soils:
This equipment is used to determine the quantitative size distribution of very fine particle in soils such as clay and silt.
The complete set comprises:
- ! Sedimentation Cylinder, !1000 ml capacity (6pieces) with rubber bungs. Soil Hydrometer, !151H, range 0.995 to 1.038g/ml with div. 0.001 Glass Tank, dimensions: 600x300x380 mm
- ! Heater complete with thermostat, circulation unit. 230V Single Phase 50Hz 1000W
- ! Glass Thermometer, range -10 to 50° C., Sub-div. 0.5° C.
- ! Beaker, Borosilicate Glass, 250 ml capacity
- ! Sodium Hexametaphosphate, 1000 g
- ! High Speed Stirrer, 4000 R.P.M, complete with baffle cup, for dispersing soilparticles in water