Standards: IS 2720 (PART IV)
Product Description: One of the soil testing lab equipment manufactured by SE-Test India, the soil cone penetrometer is made as per the IS 2720 (PART IV) standards. The main purpose of this apparatus is to determine the liquid limit of the soils. The specific use of the soil cone penetrometer is to get accurate as well as reliable results on soils that have a very low plasticity index. The percentage of moisture contents is calculated when the half angle weighing a total of 148 grams is able to penetrate the soil.
Soil Cone Penetrometer Specifications:
The Soil Cone Penetrometer consists of:
- A metallic cone with a half angle of 15 inches 30 mm length and 15 inches 30.50 mm cone length.
- It is fixed in one end of a metallic rod with the disc that is present at the top of the rod.
- The sliding weight is approximately 148 grams.
- The rod passes through two guides that are fixed to a stand.
- There is enough provision to clamp the vertical rod at any height above the surface of the soil to be tested.
- The brass trough measured 50 mm in diameter as well as the depth.
- A glass plate of 10 mm thickness and 45 to 50 cm sides.
- A flexible spatula.
- Porcelain evaporating dish.
Soil Cone Penetrometer is specially useful to obtain reliable and accurate results of those soil which have low plasticity index. SE-Test Soil Cone percentage moisture contents determined when cone with half angle of 15-30 minutes under a total sliding weight of 148 gm penetrates 25mm gives the liquid limit.